Preventive & Primitive
Prevention and control of communicable diseases: Malaria, TB, Polio, Measles, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis, AIDS, ARI, Diarrhoeal Diseases, Typhoid, Meningitis, Hemorrhagic Fever, Dengue Fever, Leishmaniasis, Rabies, Plague, Influenza, Bird Flu, SARS
- Prevention & control of epidemics
- Emergency Preparedness & Response.
- Maternal Neonatal and Child Health including Family Planning.
- Health Education & Nutrition Development.
- Technical assistance, logistic support, monitoring & evaluation of PHC Programmers, special institutions and district health system
- Monitoring & supervision of curative and rehabilitative health services at primary and secondary levels of care in districts
- Staff and Services Management
- Collection, compilation, and analysis of vital health statistics (DHIS)
- Supporting alternate medicine (Hikmat & Homeopathy)
- Monitoring of Drugs Quality Control (Licensing, Sampling, DQCB, DTL, PQCB, prosecution, narcotics control)
- Monitoring of Food Quality Control (District Governments / Public Analyst)
- Scrutiny of invalidation cases (Invalidation Committees at district level)
Epidemic Control Activities
Diseases likely to cause epidemics
Measles, Poliomyelitis, Acute Gastroenteritis, Typhoid, Malaria, Meningitis, Infective Hepatitis, Hemorrhagic Fever, Dengue Fever, Leishmaniasis, Diphtheria & Pertussis, Influenza (Human & Avian)
- Disease Surveillance
- Disease Early Warning System (DEWS)
- District Epidemic Control Committee
- Provincial Epidemic Control Committee
- Coordination with line departments